NF-JLEP Visit Japan Program
for Primary and Secondary School Teachers
This program provides an opportunity to NF-JLEP fellows who currently teach Japanese at a primary or secondary school to make a short-term visit to Japan. Their firsthand experience in Japanese society and culture will hopefully deepen their understanding of Japan and help their teaching of the Japanese language after returning to their home countries, thereby contributing to a fuller appreciation of the Japanese language among students.
- Intended for
- Teachers of the Japanese language at a primary or secondary educational institution who have received NF-JLEP funding in the past
- Overview of NF-JLEP Visit Japan Program
- (Program in 2020)
• Visit to the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research in Tokyo.
• In Kanazawa City, participate in coursework for the purpose of producing Japanese teaching materials and gain firsthand experience of Japanese culture.
• An overnight trip to a location in the vicinity of Kanazawa.
- 12 days, from January 11 (Sat) to January 22 (Wed), 2020
- Number of Participants
- 5 persons
- Application Guidelines
- Application Deadline
- Closed for the program in 2020.
*The NF-JLEP Visit Japan Program has been suspended due to the global COVID-19 crisis. A decision on the resumption of the program will be made based on an assessment of the COVID-19 situation.
Inquiries should be directed to:
nf‐jlep[a]tkfd.or.jp (replace [a] with @)